Areté

The greek word for excellence is areté. Areté basically means to live up to your full potential. I know  that sometimes I do not live up to my full potential. For example, there have been many nights when I don't feel like studying for a test/quiz and keep putting it off until the night before. Although I do end up studying, I know I would have been more prepared for the test or quiz if I would have studied before the night before. This year, I know I can't do this because I want to be more prepared and ready for whatever test or quiz I am taking.

I find it really interesting that humans are the only species that are able to think about thinking. It is wild to think that my dogs really have no idea that they are thinking while they are thinking. They really have no idea what is even going on in the world. Since they don't know any better, they find even the simplest things fascinating, like a tennis ball. Dogs always treasure the little things. I think that is a great way to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber School Begins!

Ancient Greece Haiku

Essay Question