Greece part 2

Today we got our quizzes back. I was really unhappy with what I got. I got an 88. It's an ok grade, but I really wanted an A. There was one question that I knew the answer to, but I put down the wrong answer. If I didn't make this mistake, then I would've had an A. Despite this, I know I still have a lot of time to raise my grade. I have an 88 in the class so I know I can get it up to an A. We started learning about Greece pt 2 today. We spent the whole class learning and talking about Greek gods and goddesses. I really liked learning about the gods and goddesses in middle school, and I still do now. Here are some notes we took:

  • What is unique about the Greeks’ relationship with their gods is the interaction with humans ----Zeus - ruler of heaven and earth; father of Athena; god of the sky, weather, thunder, lightning, law, order, and justice.
    -Athena: Goddess of wisdom, skill,  warfare (and peace), intelligence, battle strategy, and handicrafts.
    -Apollo - god of music, arts, knowledge, healing 
    • Zeus was his father, Artemis was his twin sister
    • he’s associated with the sun, his sister with the moon
      -Poseidon - god of the sea, rivers, floods, earthquakes
      • brother of Zeus, king of the sea and waters
      Aphrodite - goddess of love, beauty, desire, sexuality
      • her lovers included Ares (god of war), Adonis (demi-god of desire), and Anchises (a mortal who fathered a baby)
      Demeter - goddess of grain, harvest, agriculture
      • Zeus’s sister

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber School Begins!

Ancient Greece Haiku

Essay Question