A Message to Garcia Blog

Today, our class discussed how high school was such a big leap from middle school. In the past few days, I have felt very overwhelmed even though I haven't even finished a full week of school yet! Everything about JC is so new to me. I can barely even find my way around the school! I am always so nervous that I won't be able to find my class or get there on time. I know with time that these things will become easier, but right now it feels like a lot. After school, I have soccer practice. By the time I get home, I am ready for bed. However, I have homework that I need to complete. I know it doesn't sound like much, but my day is very tiring. It seems that there is so much to do but only so much time to do it.

In class we also read and discussed "A Message To Garcia" by Elbert Hubbard. We learned that the President needed to send a message to Garcia, however, Garcia was nowhere to be found. We also learned that a man named "Rowan" would be able to find him. Evenutally, Rowan defies the odds and finds Garcia. In high school, I hope to defy the odds and persevere just like Rowan did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber School Begins!

Ancient Greece Haiku

Essay Question