A Letter to Myself

Maddie,

    Today marks the second to last day of my freshman year. At the beginning of the year, I imagined the last week of school to be really relaxing and fun. I don't think I had ever imagined that a pandemic would cause us to miss our last three months of freshman year! For awhile, it felt like the whole world shut down. Everyone was just inside their houses, doing nothing but school and work. I can't believe that we have been doing cyber school for three months. It all went so fast.

    Right now, I am sitting on my couch thinking about all the assignments I still have to do. I have been working on my final English essay all day. I have an art project, Spanish slideshow, and religion homework due tomorrow. I am extremely tired. Every night this week, I have gone to bed really late because I have been up trying to finish my work. Every morning, I get up at 6:45 to run. For three hours every day, I have Driver's Ed. This week, by far, has been the busiest week of all of quarantine. I have so much to do and all I really want to do is take a nap. Only two more days!

    Meghan (sister) and Mitchell (fiancé) have been staying with us since the beginning of May. This has been really fun. I don't get to see them a lot because they live in Pittsburgh. I was super excited when I found out that they were staying with us. 

    I really miss my friends. I haven't seen any of them since March. It's fun to talk to them on the phone, but it's not exactly the same as seeing them in real life. 

It's all so weird. Things are starting to open up and my siblings are even starting to have soccer practices. Of course I'm happy about things opening up, but I know that they may close again. 

Anyways, future Maddie, I hope that you are doing well and have a happy life.

Maddie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking about thinking

Cyber School Begins!

Ancient Greece Haiku