Guns, Germs, and Steel

Today in class Mr. Schick showed us are exam scores. I got an 86. When I saw my score on Veracross over winter break, I was not surprised. I thought the exam was pretty hard. I really should have studied more because I wanted to get an A. I think I need to spread my time out more evenly when studying for exams. I did not spend as much time on Human Geo as I did for other subjects. When Mr. Schick was showing people their scores, he told us to start researching Guns, Germs, and Steel. Germs, Guns, and Steel is a book written by Jared Diamond and was published in 1997. After we all got our exam scores back, we started to watch a video about Jared Diamond and his book. We learned that Jared makes regular visits to Papua New Guinea and loves bird watching. During one of his trips, a man asked him why all the white men had so much cargo and the people who live in Papua New Guinea did not. This is known as Yali's question.

Comments