Guns, Germs, and Steel

Today in class Mr. Schick showed us are exam scores. I got an 86. When I saw my score on Veracross over winter break, I was not surprised. I thought the exam was pretty hard. I really should have studied more because I wanted to get an A. I think I need to spread my time out more evenly when studying for exams. I did not spend as much time on Human Geo as I did for other subjects. When Mr. Schick was showing people their scores, he told us to start researching Guns, Germs, and Steel. Germs, Guns, and Steel is a book written by Jared Diamond and was published in 1997. After we all got our exam scores back, we started to watch a video about Jared Diamond and his book. We learned that Jared makes regular visits to Papua New Guinea and loves bird watching. During one of his trips, a man asked him why all the white men had so much cargo and the people who live in Papua New Guinea did not. This is known as Yali's question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber School Begins!

Ancient Greece Haiku

Essay Question